Torrance Wrongful Death Lawyer
Whether the incident occurs at work or someplace else, an untimely death may be the most life-changing situation that a family faces. No amount of money can possibly compensate for such a loss. However, financial compensation eases the burden and helps the survivors move one, and these things are what the deceased person would have wanted.
To obtain this compensation an aggressive Torrance wrongful death attorney from the Soofer Law Group starts fighting for you from day one. We quickly evaluate your claim and gather evidence on your behalf. Then, we never stop fighting until we obtain the best possible result under the circumstances.
In wrongful death claims, the insurance company has a posse of lawyers who work hard to reduce or deny compensation. You need an equally assertive and single-minded lawyer on your side. Call us today at (310) 478-5090.
WHY CHOOSE A TORRANCE WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY FROM SOOFER LAW GROUP?
- Our Torrance personal injury firm always provides the most aggressive and compassionate legal representation for all clients.
- Every Torrance wrongful death lawyer will fight to protect your best interests and your financial well-being.
- Ramin Soofer, the founding attorney has been practicing personal injury law since 1993. Devoting his entire career to helping clients, he has a proven record of achieving a favorable financial income for clients.
What Causes Wrongful Death?
Exact statistics vary in different years. But in most years, falls, motor vehicle collisions and drug overdoses cause most of the unintentional deaths in California.
Negligent drivers kill tens of thousands of Americans every year. Impairments like alcohol, fatigue, distraction, and drugs cause most of these incidents. Driving errors like speeding, tailgating, and illegal turns cause most of the rest. These incidents usually involve ordinary negligence, which is a lack of reasonable care, or negligence per se, which is a violation of the DUI law or another safety law.
Unintentional drug overdoses, typically a prescription painkiller, cause many other deaths. These situations are extremely complex. The person who took the drug, the doctor who wrote the prescription, the manufacturer who produced the pill, and the transportation company which shipped the pill usually all bear some measure of responsibility.
Fall injuries, which could include a slip-and-fall or a fall from a height, usually round out the top three wrongful death causes. Many of these victims are older adults who have pre-existing conditions. These medical conditions may increase the risk of a fall, the injuries after a fall, or both. Generally, the maximum compensation is available in these situations, because of the eggshell skull rule.
Other wrongful death causes include swimming pool drowning. These incidents are the leading cause of death for children under 4.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims
Generally, wrongful death matters are either instantaneous or delayed claims. Brain injuries are a good example of both these types of claims.
Traumatic Brain Injuries kill over 50,000 Americans a year. Vehicle collisions cause most of these deaths, since these incidents combine all three major TBI causes:
- Trauma: Many vehicle occupants hit their heads against door frames or other solid objects. Many bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians fall and hit their heads on solid concrete or other hard surfaces.
- Motion: The skull is like a large water tank full of cerebrospinal fluid which suspends the brain. The violent motion of a car crash causes the brain to slam repeatedly against the insides of this water tank.
- Noise: Witnesses often say that car crashes sound like explosions. These sudden loud noises create shock waves that disrupt brain functions. Noise is the leading cause of combat-related head injuries in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.
Acquired Brain Injuries are often fatal as well. Unlike TBIs, ABIs occur over time. Perinatal hypoxia (lack of oxygen to the brain during birth) causes many ABIs. Other causes include strokes, epilepsy, and heart disease. These brain injuries often involve medical misdiagnosis or another kind of medical negligence.
Contact a Dedicated Torrance Wrongful Death Attorney Today
Wrongful death is usually the costliest kind of personal Torrance injury. For a free consultation with an experienced wrongful death attorney in Torrance, contact the Soofer Law Group. You have a limited amount of time to act. Call now at (310) 478-5090.