Torrance Brain Injury Lawyer
Every year, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) send more Americans to hospital emergency rooms than any other kind of unintentional injury. TBIs are difficult to diagnose, because not all victims experience the same symptoms. Furthermore, TBIs are always permanent, because dead brain cells never regenerate.
People who suffer from these serious injuries need serious representation from a Torrance brain injury attorney at the Soofer Law Group. We approach every case with the same diligent work ethic, and we treat every client with dignity and respect. As a result, our clients often receive more money than they expect and develop a much better feeling about lawyers.
If these things sound appealing to you, contact us today, and experience the Soofer Law Group difference for yourself. Call us today for more information (310) 478-5090.
Why Choose Soofer Law Group?
- Soofer Law Group always provides the most aggressive yet compassionate legal representation for all clients.
- Our brain injury attorneys will fight to protect your best interests and your financial well-being.
- Ramin Soofer, the founding Torrance personal injury lawyer has been practicing personal injury law since 1993. Devoting his entire career to helping clients, he has a proven track record achieving a favorable financial income for clients.
What Causes Brain Injuries?
Assaults and a few other things cause a handful of brain injuries. But motor vehicle collisions and falls cause the vast majority of these Torrance incidents.
Car wrecks are the leading cause of brain injuries because, in most cases, these accidents combine all three major TBI causes, which are:
- Noise: Recently, researchers determined that sudden loud noises, like explosive blasts, set off shock waves that disrupt brain functions. Since many car wrecks sound like explosions, the same effect is often present.
- Motion: Have you ever noticed that it’s possible to shake an egg and scramble it without cracking the skull? The excessive force in a vehicle collision does the same thing to a victim’s brain.
- Trauma: In-vehicle collisions, small objects, like cell phones, essentially become high-speed missiles. Many times, these projectiles slam into a victim’s head or neck, causing serious injury.
Collision-induced head injuries are particularly hard to diagnose. Many doctors dismiss head injury symptoms like disorientation and pain as shock or soreness from the accident instead of a TBI.
Falls usually combine two of the three causes listed above. Motion-related head injuries may not be as much of a concern, because the force is more limited in a fall. But trauma-induced TBIs are a different story. Fall victims have no restraint systems or steel cages to protect their heads when they fall.
Some Notable Legal Doctrines
Injury claims are often complex. A Torrance brain injury lawyer can use some intricate legal doctrines to help build a claim for damages.
Vehicle collisions often involve the negligence per se doctrine. Tortfeasors (negligent drivers) who violate safety laws, like the DUI law, may be responsible for damages as a matter of law. Doctrines like negligence per se make it easier to obtain maximum compensation in brain injury matters.
The same thing applies to res ipsa loquitur (“the thing speaks for itself”) and fall injuries. Many times, Torrance brain injury attorneys do not need independent witnesses to obtain compensation in these matters. If the defendant had exclusive control over the parking lot or other premises, and negligence usually causes the type of injuries the victim received, liability may attach.
So, if no one sees any person fall in a parking lot and no one else was around, the landowner may be responsible for that person’s fall-related injuries.
Partner with Torrance Brain Injury Attorneys
Brain injuries often cause long-term pain and suffering. For a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney in Torrance, contact the Soofer Law Group. We routinely handle Torrance injuries in Los Angeles County and nearby jurisdictions. Call us today at (310) 478-5090.
We have offices in Torrance and Los Angeles, but we proudly serve all areas in Los Angeles County and Southern California.