Los Angeles Scaffold Accident Lawyer
Construction is the deadliest industry in the US. Every year, hundreds of construction workers lose their lives performing job-related tasks. Risks such as electrocution and transportation accidents make construction sites dangerous for workers, drivers, and passersby. One of the greatest personal injury risks at construction sites is scaffolding.
Poor scaffold construction was the third-most commonly cited safety violation in workplaces in 2018, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). If you or a loved one was in a scaffold accident in Los Angeles, do not hesitate to contact our personal injury attorneys at Soofer Law Group. Call (310) 478-5090 for a free consultation today.
Why Choose Us?
- Our aggressive scaffold accident attorney is not afraid to go up against even the toughest insurance companies in California. We will do what it takes to obtain the best possible compensatory awards for our clients.
- Our Los Angeles and Torrance personal injury lawyer believes in the importance of personal attention. Your attorney will spend the extra time to get to know you, understand your goals and keep you updated throughout your case.
- Our law firm has a no-fee promise, in which we do not charge any attorney’s fees unless we win the case. You will not pay a dime for your Los Angeles scaffold accident attorney if he or she does not secure an award on your behalf.
Which Factors Cause Most Accidents on Scaffolds?
Scaffolds are necessary at construction sites. With proper builds and adherence to federal safety laws, scaffolds and scaffolding can be reasonably safe for workers and bystanders. Unfortunately, many construction companies and their employees are negligent while building and maintaining scaffolds, leading to structural issues that ultimately cause tragedies. Cutting corners, skipping steps and using low-quality materials can lead to devastating scaffold accidents.
- Broken construction rules
- Poor-quality materials
- Failure to conduct scaffold inspections
- Ignored environmental circumstances
- Ignored worker complaints
- Skipped maintenance checks
- Negligent use of a scaffold
- Broken load securement laws
Most scaffold accidents are preventable. They occur when one or more parties are negligent or reckless, causing dangerous conditions that threaten the lives of workers and pedestrians passing beneath the scaffolds. When a preventable scaffold accident causes a serious injury or death, the construction company may be liable for damages.
What Are Common Injuries?
Scaffold accidents can easily cause catastrophic and deadly injuries for workers and other victims. If a scaffold fails and collapses, workers can fall and experience serious and life-threatening injuries. At Soofer Law Group, we help clients with all types of construction accident injuries, including catastrophic injuries and wrongful death.
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Head and brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Organ damage
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent disabilities
No matter what injuries you have from a scaffold accident in Los Angeles, contact us for a free consultation. The construction company, a product manufacturer or another entity may owe you financial compensation. A successful scaffold accident claim could repay you for medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, legal fees, and other damages.
How a Lawyer Can Help
You do not have to deal with a scaffold or construction accident claim alone. The lawyers at Soofer Law Group understand these accidents and know how to help clients. We can explain your rights and represent you during insurance settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit while you focus on healing from your injuries.
Contact a Los Angeles Scaffold Accident Attorney Today
If you are the victim of a scaffold accident in Los Angeles, please contact our lawyers for a free legal consultation. One or more parties may owe you compensation. Our lawyers can find out how your accident happened, who owed you a duty of care and how to pursue financial compensation on your behalf. Call (310) 478-5090 today to schedule a free case review.