Torrance Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Statistically, motorcycle-on-vehicle wrecks are thirty times deadlier than vehicle-on-vehicle collisions. The deceased person is almost always the motorcycle rider. These riders have basically no protection against oncoming cars. So, they often suffer serious injuries, some that are fatal.
An experienced Torrance motorcycle accident attorney from the Soofer Law Group routinely handle these claims in Los Angeles County and nearby jurisdictions. We use proven methods to obtain maximum compensation. In fact, we have won over $50 million for Torrance injured victims just like you. We get results like these because we work hard and are dedicated to each client.
Our team can make a difference for your family as well, but only if you contact us straight away so we can start building a damages claim. Call now at (310) 478-5090.
Why Should I Work With a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
- Our personal injury law firm in Torrance gives it their all, providing the most aggressive and compassionate legal representation.
- Every Torrance motorcycle accident lawyer at Soofer Law Group will fight to protect the best interests and financial well-being of our clients.
- Ramin Soofer, the founding attorney, he has a proven track record achieving a favorable financial income for his Torrance injured clients since 1993.
What Causes Motorcycle Wrecks in Torrance, CA?
Driver error causes over 90 percent of the motorcycle crashes in Torrance. Generally, that diver error involves one of the following three areas:
- Behavioral: Sometimes, driver negligence begins before the tortfeasor (negligent driver) gets behind the wheel. People who are drunk, high, or excessively drowsy know they should not driver, but they do so anyway. Behavioral negligence, especially alcohol impairment, is an even larger factor in motorcycle wrecks than in vehicle wrecks.
- Operational: Driver inattention is the most common kind of operational negligence in motorcycle crashes. Many people simply do not maintain a proper lookout for motorcycle riders. Additionally, excessive speed increases both the risk of a collision and the force in a collision.
- Environmental: Wet roads, dark skies, and other adverse environmental factors sometimes magnify operational and behavioral negligence. Sometimes, drivers fail to account for these factors, and they recklessly ignore them.
Legally, the three kinds of negligence usually involve either ordinary negligence, which is a lack of reasonable care, or negligence per se, which is a violation of safety law.
In both instances, damages usually include compensation for economic losses, such as medical bills, and noneconomic losses, such as pain and suffering. Additional punitive damages may be available as well, in some cases.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Every time you ride your motorcycle on the road, there is always a risk with your safety. Injuries obtained by a motorcycle accident should not be taken lightly. Important and common injuries sustained from motorcycle crashes are as follows:
- Road rash
- Broken bones
- Limb amputations
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
Who Is At Fault?
The victim/plaintiff must prove ordinary negligence or negligence per se by a preponderance of the evidence (more likely than not). Sometimes, the proof is relatively straightforward. For example, in some negligence per se matters, such as a DUI-related crash, the criminal charges might be the only needed evidence.
But in most other cases, a Torrance motorcycle accident attorney at the Soofer Law Group must collect additional evidence. So, we review video footage from nearby surveillance cameras, talk to witnesses that did not come forward at the scene, and gather other proof.
Motorcycle Wrecks and the Contributory Negligence Defense in California
Comparative fault is probably the most common insurance company defense in these cases. In the Golden State, this defense is especially complex in motorcycle collisions.
If the victim was partially at fault for the crash, contributory negligence could affect the outcome of the case. For example, the tortfeasor might have illegally turned into the path of an oncoming speeding motorcycle. Our lawyers work to maximize the tortfeasor’s fault and minimize the victim’s role.
Contributory negligence could also involve the helmet defense. California is one of the only states which allows insurance companies to present evidence of helmet non-use to reduce damages. But motorcycle wreck lawyers must do more than wag their fingers and introduce helmet safety statistics. There must be evidence in the record which proves the Torrance injured victim was not wearing a helmet and helmet non-use caused or contributed to the victim’s injuries.
California is a pure comparative fault state. So, even if the victim is 99 percent responsible for the crash or an injury, the victim is still entitled to a proportionate share of damages.
Connect with Motorcycle Crash Lawyers in Torrance Today
Motorcycle crash victims have several legal options. For a free consultation with an experienced Torrance motorcycle accident attorney contact the Soofer Law Group. Home and hospital visits are available. Connect with us today online, or call (310) 478-5090.