Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucking is a major industry in Los Angeles, County. San Pedro is home to the largest and busiest port in the US. Thousands of big rigs come in and out of the Los Angeles area every day. Unfortunately, this means a relatively high number of truck accidents in Los Angeles County. If you or a loved one is the victim of a truck accident, contact the Soofer Law Group for legal representation. Our Los Angeles truck accident lawyer can help crash survivors and family members in Los Angeles fight for fair compensation against powerful truck companies.
Why Hire the Soofer Law Group?
- Ramin Soofer, our Los Angeles and Torrance personal injury attorney at Soofer Law Group, has spent more than 25 years representing clients with serious injuries.
- We have a record of favorable settlements and jury verdicts, with over $50 million won.
- We are open, transparent and direct with all of our truck accident clients.
- We are fully prepared to take your claim to trial if it is necessary for full recovery.
- We accept Los Angeles truck accident claims on a contingency fee basis.
Why You Need a Truck Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
Commercial trucking is a well-established industry. With thousands of fatal crashes in the US involving 18-wheelers annually, truck companies hire aggressive legal teams to help them dispute liability for traffic accidents. Going up against these teams alone could lead to settling for less than the true value of your injuries and damages. When you hire a lawyer, you even the playing field. A lawyer can increase your odds of securing fair compensation by matching the truck company’s resources with your own.
What Causes Los Angeles Truck Accidents?
California is a fault-based car insurance state, making it necessary to determine fault before you can file an accident claim. The insurance provider of the at-fault driver will take your claim. Our lawyers can investigate your commercial truck accident to determine its proximate cause and the identity of the defendant.
- The truck driver. A trucker could cause an accident in Los Angeles through an act of negligence or recklessness, such as driving beyond the legal hours-of-service restrictions, texting and driving, or speeding.
- The trucking company. Truck companies will have vicarious liability over their drivers, in most cases. They may also be liable for accidents related to poor truck maintenance, negligent hiring decisions and lost cargo loads.
- Los Angeles County or the City of Los Angeles. A government agency could be lawfully responsible for your truck accident if it stemmed from a defective or dangerous roadway condition, such as a pothole that caused a tire blowout.
Other parties could also be at fault for your truck accident, such as the manufacturer of the big rig, its owner, a cargo-loading company or a third-party driver. A discussion about your case with the lawyers at Soofer Law Group could help you identify the appropriate defendant(s) for your case.
How Much Is Your Case Worth?
A successful truck accident claim in Los Angeles County could repay you and your family for several damages the crash caused, both economic and noneconomic. A discussion with our lead attorney, Ramin Soofer, could help you understand the potential value of your Los Angeles truck accident case.
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Property repairs
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Death benefits as a surviving loved one
- Legal fees
- Punitive damages
The right truck accident lawyer can make an important difference to the final outcome of your claim. A lawyer will know how to speak to claims adjusters and negotiate for maximum insurance coverage on your behalf. A lawyer could also represent you during a truck accident trial in LA County, if necessary.
Do Not Wait – Contact Our Los Angeles Truck Accident Lawyers Today
If you were recently in a truck accident anywhere in Los Angeles County, or you lost a loved one in a fatal collision, please contact the Soofer Law Group for a free initial case review. We may be able to help you attain fair recovery from one or multiple defendants. Call our Los Angeles office location today to schedule your meeting at (310) 478-5090.